College Admissions requires a Team of Support
Academy Tutors plays a crucial role that is not provided by counselors, advisors, or most other tutoring companies - we help students present themselves to colleges in an authentic way, building on each student's life experiences, strengths and perceived weakenesses, to gain admission to the most appropriate schools. We help students find the right topic or story to make their personality shine through on application essays
- Colleges expect more than good grades and good test scores
- Well written essays can drastically improve chance of admissions and scholarships
- Our tutors interview each student to discover what makes them unique
- Tutor and student work together to find a meaningful thesis and relevant examples
- Follow-up sessions review grammar, sentence structure, and organization
- Essay Help can be scheduled the same as Academic Support
- Academy partners with College Choice Today to help students find the right school
Need help Choosing a College? Or help Paying for College?
Academy Tutors partners with these individuals to provide comprehensive college admissions support:
To help families from all backgrounds to achieve their college amibitions, Academy Tutors has partnered with the following individuals and companies in the areas of
School Choice • Financial Planning
- School Choice - Ashly Jordan
- Financial Planning - David Thiel
Owner - My Education Connections, LLC
I believe in a holistic approach that meets the individual needs of the student and parents when planning for college. Our program utilizes resources, experience, and technology to effectively help plan for both college and career.
As an educator of nearly a decade, I understand education and knowledge are the keys to success, and I work in concert with schools, families, and students to facilitate a clear plan for their future.
To obtain the best results, we use:
- Objective Assessment
- Interest Surveys
- Professional Coaches
For each student, we create a personalized plan including college, major, and career. I help alleviate the guesswork, minimize the uncertainty, and assist families in avoiding the costly missteps that are associated with college and career planning.
Financial Associate - Thrivent Financial
When it comes to planning for college, the financial stakes have never been higher. Having the right plan can make a world of difference.
You know that. I do, too. I work with families, schools, churches, and other organizations to help deepen families’ understanding of:
- How the financial aid process works
- The importance of planning ahead to help students attend the right college at an affordable cost
- Making smart saving—and spending—decisions to maximize eligibility for financial aid and tax incentives, and minimize debt
- How parents and students can effectively talk about educational finances
Thrivent Financial and its respective associates and employees cannot provide legal, accounting, or tax advice or services.
Work with your Thrivent Financial representative, and as appropriate, your attorney and/or tax professional for additional information.
Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Thrivent Investment Management Inc., 625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415,
a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent Financial, the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. Fee-based investment advisory services
are available through qualified investment advisor representatives only. For additional important information, visit